Friday, August 1, 2008

Yumm-O Blueberry Pie


What better to do with all those summer blueberries? Homemade blueberry pie. This was my first attempt ever making a homemade fruit pie. I still took help from the store for the crust (though next time I will make it homemade too-the store just doesn't do that good of a job!). It turned out very well. Next time I will let the sauce thicken slightly more, but overall it was delicious. This was Blair's one last dessert request. He of course, loaded it up with tons of spray whip cream. Sorry don't have a pic of that. It is almost embarrassing how much he puts on! I made it topless (sounds scandolous!) to make it slightly more healthy. Interesting tidbit: who knew what cornstarch did? Maybe I am the only one left that did not know, but I thought that was for baby powder! Who knew it thickened pie filling for you? How cool is that! OK- this so shows my ignorance for homemade cooking :).

1 comment:

The Schneiders said...

Yum!! I'm impressed!! See you soon!