Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CrockPot Lasagna

Today I made CrockPot Lasagna for supper. It was so good I just had to share. Shockingly, I don't ever remember making "classic lasagna" and it seems like a lot of work to do all the steps required. I LOVE my crockpot and use it at least once a week, so when I found this recipe I knew I had to give it a try! It is easy and quick.

Pic of it when done.
Plated :)
Bailey gives her stamp of approval!

Ingredients (adapted from RecipeZaar- made some changes)

Directions

  1. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
  2. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil and oregano.
  3. Cook long enough to get it warm.
  4. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of a greased slow cooker. (I used my smaller one 4qts(?), but think a 5-6 quart might even work better since mine was very close to the top)
  5. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
  6. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
  7. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. (mine did well at 5 hours)
  8. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sara,
I left you an award at my blog if you want to claim it! :)

Journey to Joy said...

I am making this now! It looked so good I had to try it!

Joey and Niki said...

I am totally stealing some of your recipes!! Yummy! I always struggle with what to make for dinner. Thanks Sara!