
Many of you may not know, but I went to Haiti on a Medical Mission Trip in 2002. It was for only a week, but what a life-changing week for me. As a young nursing student, I saw poverty like that week that I still haven't seen since (even the Tsunami hit Banda Aceh was better off then regular day Haiti). My heart has been so burdened for this country. I have been to the Port Au Prince airport. Ya'll, it is the roughest airport you would ever see.....one bathroom for the whole thing. I did not spend much time in Port Au Prince excpet to fly in/out of, but it was a very crowded, very poor place to be. My prayers are that God will bring healing to this country that has known spiritual, emotional and physical desolation for many, many years. Blair and I are hoping to adopt a child from Haiti from Compassion. So many children are hopeless and despair there....I can't even imagine how many more are now orphans. God, save them!
No comments:
Post a Comment