Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine’s Day…sick edition.

Bailey spiked a fever as soon as we got home from church on Sunday…a few hours later it was up to 103.  I started feeling tired that evening and we have both been fighting the FLU since then.  Needless to say, Valentine’s day did not go as planned.  We have spent the last 2 1/2 days quarantined in our house….  here is my attempt to still make our day special.

Heart shaped whole-wheat blueberry pancakes from the freezer (best idea ever- make extras and freeze the rest :)). 

IMG_4006

Lunch was heart shaped biscuits, ham and cheese with apple slices. 

IMG_4007

By dinner I was feeling so bad we ordered pizza.  I don’t remember the last time I did that…. we are feeling a little better today.  Praying hard that we feel much better tomorrow and can get some stuff done.  The flu stinks.  Valentine’s day stinks with a husband gone.  Deployments stink.  To have them all on the same day = really, really stinky :(.  Oh well.  Life goes on, right? ;)

1 comment:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Ours wasn't much better than yours. :) I hope you're feeling a little better today.