Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some things I am thankful for:

 

1.  We went to Moe’s on Saturday.  Oh. My. Lordy.  I hadn’t realized how much I missed Moe’s!  For those of you that are deprived indivduals, Moe’s is kinda like Chipotle, or a “subway” of burritos.  Fresh salsa and chips are the best!  All four of us ate for under $25 and we took a whole box with us when we left.  I forsee Moe’s frequently in our future :)

2. YMCA.  I have never joined the Y before (and don’t have it available in Jacksonville), but decided to look into it after a recommendation of a friend (thanks Sarah H!).   They allowed us to join for just 2 months and waived the registration fee (praise God!).  With the membership, we get access to all 16 Hampton Road locations, 2 hrs FREE childcare EVER DAY while I workout, FREE monthly DATE nights (our first is this friday…SO excited :)), access to all their pools and fitness classes, etc.  Who knew the Y was so amazing?   I’ve already been several times and just love it.  I was able to do an hour pool workout for the first time since having kids b/c the pool is right there onsite.  Awesome!  The girls LOVED playing in the playroom and having time with other kids (something that is lacking up here in va beach).

PS- this is not the Y I go to ;)

3. Trader Joe’s.  Goodness gracious.  I think I could live in this store.  Healthy.  Good prices.  Good food.  Excellent fruit/ meat selection.  Who knew you could actually buy organic meat?!?! I had never seen it before here :).   With such limited cooking options, TJ has been great at providing healthy convenience foods for us (we had spaghetti with TJ turkey meatballs a couple nights ago :)).  Anyone have a favorite item there? I am still overwhelmed at the options!

4.  The beach.  This is our actual walkway to the beach.  Our door is literally 30 feet from here.  I KNOW!  How amazing is that?  We have been trying to go every evening after nap time (3:30-5:30 or so).  While we don’t have a backyard/baby pool/bikes, etc…we do have God’s backyard to play in. The girls have especially liked digging for sand fleas/crabs with Daddy.  Personally, I’m not a big fan of little slimmy crawly creatures :). Dam Neck beach in the evening

5. Lynnhaven Mall carousel.  We have been here no less then 4 times already!  The girls love it!  The mall also has an amazing play area and food court.  I have yet to “shop”, but it is so nice to have an air-conditioned, free place to go on those extremely hot days.

6. Family time.  More then anything, I am so thankful we are able to spend this time with Daddy.  The girls have loved seeing him for breakfast, lunch (most days), and dinner!  I have too :).  Several days he has been able to join us at the beach after work and play with us too!  I think we are going to look back on this summer as one of the best ever (despite the challenges!)

IMG_4882

No comments: