Bailey started crawling last week. She took her first crawl on Daddy's Birthday, June 24th! Unfortunately, he was gone several days last week for training and wasn't able to see her crawl until the 26th. I was able to call him (and several family members) screaming "She is crawling, she is crawling!" This is a huge milestone for any family, I am sure. However, when your daughter is moved from the infant room to the crawling room at church, not because she is crawling, but because she is "bored with the toys" this is especially rewarding! She Hates crawling as you can see below. It has gotten much better over the past week though. She is still not a huge fan, but will crawl if she can not cruise or walk there (she LOVES to pull up and cruise around-or better yet come to mom and grab her hand to help walk Bailey where she wants to go!). I think walking will be coming soon. I think what finally enticed her to take those first crawl moves is her time in the nursery seeing all the other babies crawl, and spending 15hours last week with the older babies why I worked at VBS. I love staying at home and know that she receives many benefits (IE-we are both sick right now from her being in the nursery), but one advantage of day care is the ability to learn from older kiddos. Hopefully, now that she is a little older we can start going to more playgroups (they always seem to fall from 9-11am right in the middle of her nap time :().
Enjoy the video-classic Bales! Crawling is HARD work for the little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment