Monday, November 2, 2009

Allergic to an anti-allergenic formula!?

Well folks, I knew my kids were special, but this takes the cake. We put Taylor on Neocate with DHA and ARA in hopes that she would tolerate it well. It is an amino acid based formula that you get mainly through prescription (at around $60/can). She was on this for 48 hours and was just more fussy and her rashes were really getting worse with each bottle she took. I finally gave up last night and switched her to what Bailey was on (Elecare). Similar formula, but it has no DHA and ARA or coconut oil in it. Taylor is doing much better and even slept through the night last night without having to eat! I pray that this is the answer to her problems :). I think it is crazy that I have 2 highly allergic kids, but am thankful that overall they are healthy and can grow and thrive on these formulas.

No comments: