Here I am leaving the house EARLY for the half-marathon. Which, by the way was dedicated to all servicemembers...I dedicated mine to my awesome husband!
Here are some of my fellow "stroller warriors" We meet on Tuesday mornings with our strollers and run/ have a blast!

The race went very well...I felt fairly good the first hour and then the second hour my back started hurting a little bit. Here I am racing to the finish! I finished at 2 hours and 43 seconds. There were no "clocks" during the race so I am a little frustrated that I didn't know how close I was...I am sure I would have made it under 2 hours if I would have known!!

Immediately following the race I headed to the bathroom. My back was really hurting and I peeped bright red blood (which scared the dickens out of me). Here, I had just finished 13.1 miles and am bleeding?!? I then began to realize that I was probably having a kidney stone attack (lucky me). I went and talked to the medic just to see what he thought (I have never peeped bright red blood before)..he confirmed my thoughts. He encouraged me to head to the ER in Wilmington. I decided to make the very long, painful 1 hr drive back to Jacksonville to go to the ER there so that I would have friends to help and to be closer to the girls. At the ER, they confirmed the diagnosis and gave me some blessed pain meds.
SO, not quite the way I imagined for this day to go...I am already planning on running more half-marathons to redeem this experience. I am honestly so proud of myself. From not running at all to running a half right around 2 hours is awesome!

Thank you to all my friends who took care of my girls (overnight), drove me home from the hospital when I was too drugged to walk straight, brought me meals and otherwise just encouraged me. You are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment